Thursday, July 11, 2013

Finding Faith Review

Picture
". . . I just wish she wouldn’t keep trying to marry me off.”
"Marriage isn’t a bad thing,” Edward told his daughter gently.
"I know it’s not, Papa,” Emma replied. “It’s just not for me. I love being who I am and being the captain of the Mercy. I don’t want things to ever change.”

But as hard as Emma tries to stop it, she finds change is inevitable, particularly when her father’s business, and therefore her livelihood, is threatened. The last thing she wants thrown into the midst of it is romance. Determined never to marry or give up her passion for sailing, Emma’s quick temper lands her in more and more trouble, especially when it brings a kind and handsome rival captain into her life, throwing it into turmoil.

In the dramatic conclusion to
Pirates & Faith, can Emma find the faith to trust that God’s plans truly are better than her own, or will it be too late for a second chance?
--From Molly Evangeline's Website

********************************************************************

Finding Faith is very likely my favorite of all the Pirates & Faith books. I say very likely because it is so incredibly hard to choose. Emma is definitely my favorite character in Pirates & Faith, despite, or perhaps because of, her faults. Emma is headstrong and stubborn, she is sometimes childish, and her quick temper constantly lands her in trouble. And she's not interested in getting married. She has to apologize for her behavior quite a bit.

Finding Faith an exciting book filled with sailing adventures, pirate encounters, rescues, romance...there's never a dull moment. The first time I read it I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning because I was so absorbed in the story I completely lost track of time. I know I always mention how well developed Molly's characters are, but after reading a book with poor character development, I really notice whether they are well developed or not. And the characters in Finding Faith certainly are. They are so very themselves, and I love them. I really care about what happens to Molly's characters, which is more than I can say for some books. Skye and Will are in Finding Faith, so it was really nice to be able to see what has been going on with them in the years since A Captain's Heart. The climax is intense, emotional, and heartrending. I won't say anymore, because I don't want to give away the ending, but I do want to say, if you haven't already, read Pirates & Faith! It is an amazing series!

My one complaint: Finding Faith is the last Pirates & Faith book. I really hated to say goodbye to all the characters. At least I can always read them all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!