Monday, August 1, 2016

Interview With Robin

My youngest sister Addyson is here today to interview Robin for the Bookania Party.


Hello! My sister let me invade her blog today to interview Robin from Bookania! I really don't know what people normally say before posting interviews of this sort, so I'll just put the interview up without any more introductions.

Thank you so much for invading my sister’s blog with me today! May I ask you a couple of questions?

I thought that was the entire point of my coming here.

I was just being polite, that's all.
What is your worst nightmare?

And I thought I was bad at conversation openers.
Haven’t you read the opening of the second book? I know you have. You reviewed it. Robert got eaten by a forest. I fell apart. I think it’d be safe to assume that that was my worst nightmare.

What would you do if somebody killed Robert and Eric?

*Very long pause, coupled with a stare of disbelief* Thank you very much. I now have a new worst nightmare.

I'm very sorry. I assumed you would have thought about that possibility before now.
What is your favorite piece of modern-day Earth technology that your author won’t let you have?

All right, you’ve decided to stop with the horrible questions. Thank you. I’d like a refrigerator. I mean, it keeps food cold so it tastes better, and after a nice, hard workout you can stand in front of it with the door open … Kendra says I can’t do that, though. Says her mom wouldn’t like it. I don’t see why.

Refrigerators are very nice, though I'm very partial to air condition and indoor plumbing myself.
When did you first realize you loved Eric?

I … I dunno. I spent so much of my childhood actively hating him that the transition to love was almost painful. I knew I’d be happy with him, that he was the one person who didn’t judge me for I was, that he’d take me on the adventures I’d always craved. But at the same time, I was marrying Eric. I’m glad our engagement was short because it meant that I didn’t have a chance to second-guess myself and change my mind. I can’t put my finger on the exact moment I realized that I loved him, though I like to say that it was five seconds after he did, which was five seconds after I accepted the proposal he doesn’t remember giving. I mean, that’s when I realized what I’d done, but that doesn’t mean I knew that I loved him. I do know I wasn’t comfortable with the decision until after the wedding. There’s been no second-guessing since then, and I must have realized that I loved him, actually loved him at some time since then, but I can’t put my finger on the moment, what he was doing, what he said, what I said … it just happened.

How many children would you like to have?

Uh … I’ve not really thought about that one before. More than two, I think. It seems that almost all royals just stop after the second child, and I don’t understand that. But I don’t want more than I can handle, either. Thing is, I don’t know how many I can handle, so…

Excluding your own author’s characters, which fellow mistreated characters do you feel the most sorry for?

Back in the days when Kendra would take us to do roleplays on a site called NaNo, one of the other characters, Kestrel, had a really mean author. The girl thought that killing the girl just to make her in-roleplay love interest sad was a fun thing. It was terrible. And the worst thing was that Kendra loved roleplaying with that particular author.

If your author would allow you, would you kill me for all of my annoying questions?

Fortunately for you, killing isn’t my style. Especially not for the simple thing of asking questions. Still…

Well, I'm glad Kendra wouldn't allow you to kill me, then. So long, Robin!

And there you have it. I personally think I'm lucky Robin answered any of my questions.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. Oh Robin! She's hilarious.

    "Thank you very much. I now have a new worst nightmare." :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!