Monday, May 7, 2018

The Liebster Award Again

So the Liebster Award is going around again, and Shantelle tagged me in it. It's been awhile since I've done a tag, so I'm going for it. Thanks, Shantelle!


The Rules:

Thank the person who nominated you

Answer the 11 questions they gave you

Name 11 facts about you

Nominate 11 bloggers to do this tag, and let them know

Give them 11 questions to answer

Shantelle's Questions

1. What did you eat for your last meal?

As of writing, a hard boiled egg and milk. I'm not big into breakfast. I mean, I like breakfast food, but I'm not usually particularly hungry until later in the day.

2. What's the best part of your average week?

Sunday morning. Even though it's the day I have to get up the earliest, I love getting to church early, practicing music with my friends on the worship team, spending the morning worshiping and learning about God, and getting a hug (or several) from my seven-year-old "bestie." I always hate when Sunday is over and can't wait for it to come again.

3. Where is the most amazing place you've been?

That one's tough. Really tough. I'm torn between Disney World and Mount Vernon. I guess one for my Disney geek side, and one for my history nerd side. Disney is so much fun (though I am kinda annoyed they got rid of some of my favorite attractions at Hollywood Studios, even though Galaxy's Edge sounds beyond amazing, especially after riding Flight of Passage). And then there's George Washington's beyond beautiful plantation that I loved so much. I totally understand why he was always wanting to go home. I want to live somewhere like that.

4. One question you'd ask your favorite author?

Oh, dear. What would I ask? I'd be asking C. S. Lewis... But I'm having a hard time thinking of a good question. I'd probably end up thanking him for writing my all time favorite fiction series and telling him what an impact it made on my life. Though I might ask him why Digory and Polly didn't get married and if Jill and Eustace would have if they'd lived longer. Yes, I totally ship them.

5. What's your favorite thing to do in the summer?

I like being able to go outside. Not that I can't in the winter, but I'm a wimp about cold (even Georgia cold), so I don't. I do the heat a little better. I like being able to sit out on the porch to read and write, and I also like going for hikes and riding my bike.

6. Last new author you tried out? (Did you like the book?)

I'm going to discount the random nonfiction books that came across the desk at the library and I decided to take home, and go with the most recent fiction author: R.J. Palacio. I loved Wonder. It was so good. And I got the book and movie for my birthday, so yay!

7. What's the craziest thing you've done?

Probably gagging myself for story research. Yeah... I did that.

8. What's a character trait you admire in others?

Patience. I'm learning a lot about patience these days, though I often quote the Doctor: "Patience is for wimps." I also admire people who can get up early in the morning even when they don't have to be somewhere.

9. What's your favorite genre (to read)? What draws you to it?

That's another hard one. I like lots of genres, and it really depends on my mood. But as my top favorite books are fantasy, I'll go with that.

10. What's one book that you wish more people knew about?

Scrolling through my Goodreads... The first one to stand out is The Jefferson Lies by David Barton. There are so many lies people believe about Thomas Jefferson, and I wish more people would read this book as it does such a good job debunking them.

11. Do you like to cook/bake?

Cook, yes. Bake, no. I'm no good at yeast, and baking is more precise, so "throw a bunch of stuff together and hope it tastes good" doesn't really work. But I really enjoy cooking. Especially casseroles.

11 Random Facts About Me

1. I asked for and was excited to get new bike tires and a darning egg for my birthday. I know I'm weird. But hey, I asked for a broom and a mop for my eighth birthday, so it's not unprecedented.

2. It's hard to teach vibrato when it's been four/five years since you learned it yourself and you have to focus on your student's recital piece instead.

3. I hate glitter. With a vengeance. I recently made my sister a Belle dress using glitter organza and there was glitter all. over. the. house. I couldn't stand it. Especially when mopping didn't get rid of nearly all of it.

4. I'm better at imitating Pauline Baynes than John Tenniel. I recently discovered this while drawing a sign for a classics display at the library.


5. Vivaldi is my favorite composer. And The Four Seasons is the best.

6. I arranged a Star Wars medley duet for one of my piano students. It's awesome and I can't wait to play it with him at the recital next month.

7. I write better in a notebook than on the computer. I feel the words better when I'm using a pencil, and I love little notebooks.

8. I can't spell staccato without autocorrect. I'm good at English spelling, but I feel so sabotaged by the fact that music terms are in Italian. 

9. I've taught an impromptu ballet lesson in the last month and a half. What can I say? If a little girl is trying to do ballet, I like to jump in and teach her the real thing.

10. I love listening to audiobooks. I've recently listened to several Series of Unfortunate Events and finished my reread of Catching Fire on audio, while sewing, doing dishes, while sorting laundry, while ironing, while driving to and from piano. Eaudiobooks are the best, and so is Overdrive/Libby. I'm glad my library seems to be adding some more titles I'm actually interested in (in the juvenile department...yes, I still love juvenile fiction).

11. My favorite part of my job at the library is sending people home with great books I loved. Like Misty of Chincoteague and Encyclopedia Brown and Chocolate Fever and Trixie Belden and Something Upstairs and The BFG. It's especially great when people come back telling me how much they loved the book, like both people I've talked to about The Scarlet Pimpernel did. I just wish we'd get a copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe at my branch.


I'm going to just leave this tag open for anyone who wants it. If you do it, leave a link in the comments so I can see your post.

Questions to Answer

1. What is your favorite song?
2. Do you play an instrument? If so, which one, and if not, which one would you like to learn?
3. Which book have you reread the most?
4. What is your favorite day of the week?
5. What is your favorite vacation place?
6. Do you like spending time outside?
7. What household chore do you dread most?
8. Do you like driving? If you don't have your license yet, are you looking forward to getting it?
9. Do you like sweet tea or dirty water (unsweet tea)?
10. Are you registered to vote, or planning to register as soon as you are eligible?
11. What is the saddest movie you have ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!