Monday, December 16, 2019

Sounds of Christmas

Music has always been an important part of my life. Whether it was Greg and Steve, Cedarmont Kids, Michael W. Smith, John Williams, or Vivaldi, music really means something to me. And there are particular songs that mean Christmas to me. So let's take a journey through Christmas music.

There are certain songs that are acceptable before Thanksgiving. Namely songs from the Nativity Ballet. As soon as festival season was over, we started rehearsing for the Nativity. These are the ones I danced to, and thus the ones I love the best. I still remember my parts in "No Eye Had Seen," "Christmastime," and "All is Well." I never did "Gloria," aside from it being used for curtain call, but it still means Nativity to me.











Closer to Christmas, we expand our selection. Some of the others are still Michael W. Smith.





And what really sounds like Christmas is Mannheim Steamroller. We would sometimes turn it on while decorating the Christmas tree, and it just sounds like Christmas to me.












So there you have some of the songs that sound like Christmas to me. What are your favorite Christmas albums?

Merry Christmas and I'll see you in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!