Thursday, April 23, 2020

War Bound Review

So it took longer and a lot more mistakes to get my website migrated than I'd expected, but it's done now. Thank goodness! And it's kinda late in the week now, but I still have to tell you about War Bound, book 2 in the absolutely amazing Elven Alliance series by Tara Grayce. 

Marriage to an elf is complicated…especially bringing him home to meet the family.

Princess Elspeth of Escarland married the elf prince and achieved peace between the elves and her human people. But after a recent ambush by the trolls, it is clear the trolls are trying to start a war between the elves and humans once again. To keep their peoples at peace, Essie and Farrendel travel to meet Essie’s family and negotiate a stronger alliance.

Yet in Escarland, not everyone is happy with peace. Traitors lurk in both Escarland and Tarenhiel, and it will be up to Essie and Farrendel to flush them out. The consequences of failure might be more personal and deadly than they can imagine.


**************************************************

This series is just—I can't even believe how good it is. Each book I read in a single day, unable to put it down until I finished at, like, 2 in the morning. But oh, man, that cliffhanger! September and book 3 can't get here soon enough!

How do I review this without giving away major spoilers? Let's see, Essie and Farrendel go to Escarland to meet her family, and investigate the evidence they've found of traitorous activity.

I loved really meeting Essie's family. I love how her brothers are so protective of her, and wary of Farrendel, but once they get to know him, they treat him as part of the family. They're such a great family and I love them. Farrendel needs a family like Essie's so bad.

I loved learning more about the elves and more about Farrendel's backstory. I think the details of that would be spoilery, so I'll leave it at that.

I loved watching Essie and Farrendel's relationship grow and progress. It's just so sweet and beautiful, and they really care so much about each other.

I knew danger would be lurking. I knew things wouldn't be fluffy when I got to the climax. But man! It just...wow. The danger really ramped up in this book, and things got—bad. And shocking reveals and poor, poor Farrendel.

That cliffhanger. I mean, I've dealt with cliffhangers. But wow, it needs to be September already. I have to know what happens! 

All in all, I liked this one even better than the first, I love Essie and Farrendel even more, and I can't wait for book 3! And if you haven't read Elven Alliance, I don't know what you're doing with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!