I was tagged by Gabriela Paige for the Infinity Dreams Award. Thanks, Gabriela! I like tags. :)
Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
- I work at a library. (This is new, as of almost two weeks ago. I love it so far!)
- I love reference books.
- I once tried to draw Frodo in color and he turned out yellow. Colored pencil isn't my thing.
- I have hand quilted (with help) three quilts: queen size, full size, and baby size. Never again.
- I used to keep a list on my door of books I wanted to make into movies that were actually like the book.
- When I was five, we went on a family vacation to see all the Little House on the Prairie tourist spots. We were the only people on the tour in De Smet not going to or coming from Mount Rushmore.
- Almost all of the adult books I've read are classics.
- I still remember the dance I did in the Nativity Ballet when I was 8 and 9.
- I got a Doctor Who cup for Christmas, and now I almost never drink out of anything else...unless I'm drinking tea out of my Elsa mug.
- When I was four (during the 2000 Presidential campaign), I asked my mom if Al Gore was real. Her answer: "Unfortunately, yes."
- My friends and I think debate watch parties are fun. Because they are.
Answer the eleven questions.
What do you like about blogging?
Hmm. Um, telling people about things I like? I like participating in blog tours, because I like to tell people about books I love.
What is your favorite hobby?
Reading. Books are the best. I mean, I love writing, and I also like playing music and sewing, but nothing beats a good book.
What is your favorite genre of books that you like to read?
That would probably be fantasy. I also love historical fiction and science fiction. Funny, I like reading fantasy best, but I like writing sci-fi the best.
What is your favorite movie?
Easy: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. There are lots of movies that I love, but it's the only one that I've seen enough times to unintentionally memorize literally the entire thing, and yet still am not tired of it in the least.
What is your favorite TV show?
Doctor Who, with BBC Merlin as such a close second that it's not actually second, but really more of a tie. Those two shows. They're so good.
Is there anything that you “fangurl” about? If so, what?
Yeah, that list is growing. Primarily Ilyon Chronicles, the Rizkaland Legends, Doctor Who, and Merlin. But I don't like to simply fangirl about things. I fangirl, and then I analyze. What do I like about this story? What do I like about these characters? Story structure, character development, acting skills, writing, what was done right and what was done wrong. If it's something with multiple writers, what are the strengths and weaknesses of the different writers and how does it work together? What is the theology like? What message is being conveyed and what message do I get out of it? See, I'm weird. I can't even fangirl like a normal fangirl. I'm too much of a nerd. :)
Do you have a favorite music artist that you listen to about every song of theirs? If so, who?
Not really. I mostly listen to film score, which means I mostly listen to music from movies and shows I've seen and not the rest of the composer's music. If you ask me my favorite artist, I'll probably say something like Murray Gold, or Howard Shore, or John Williams.
Is there anything new that you’re hoping to do this year?
Hmm. I can't really think of anything. I had a lot of change last year, and then a big new thing last month with getting a job at the library, so I think I've had enough new stuff to last me a while.
What do you hope to be when you are “grown-up”?
I'm already an author, so I guess what's left is to be a wife and mother. I really do want to be a wife and mother someday. It's still definitely a "someday" right now, but considering the fact that I'm almost 20, someday doesn't feel as distant as it used to. Which is kind of weird and scary, but it's still at least a few years off, if it ever happens at all. At least, I think. God's plans usually aren't the same as mine.
What is your favorite way to travel?
By teleport. At least, I wish I could. I hate traveling, so if I could just teleport to all the couple of places I want to visit, that would be fantastic.
If you had a TARDIS (time machine/spaceship), where would you go?
Ooh, choices. So many places to visit. I'd have a list of famous people and historical events I'd hand to the Doctor. Places like Roanoke and Salem during the witch trials and people like George Washington and C.S. Lewis. And once we got through with all that, I'd finally ask him to take me to an alien planet in the future. Though considering the fact that the Doctor admittedly can only control the TARDIS 5 times out of 10 (well, that's how low he got before he stopped himself), I might get to an alien planet sooner. ;)
- Use the Infinity Dreams Award picture
- Thank the blogger who tagged you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers
Now your eleven questions.
What is your favorite thing to blog about?
Who is your favorite fictional character?
What is your biggest pet peeve?
If you could visit one place on earth, and only one, where would you choose?
What's one movie coming out in 2016 you want to watch?
Would you rather time travel to the past or the future? Why?
What is your least favorite holiday?
What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
If someone offered you a million dollar inheritance if you would drive twenty bucks (as in deer) across Alaska, would you do it? (I know it sounds weird, stems from a game of Balderdash.)
What genre of books do you like best to read?
Do you prefer movies or TV shows?
I hope you enjoyed this post! I certainly did. Do we have anything in common?