Monday, July 15, 2019

One Step At A Time

This is, in a way, sort of a continuation of last week.

I've always been the sort of person that wants to know everything. Not in a know-it-all kind of way. In an I-want-to-know-what's-going-to-happen way. I want to know all the what, when, how, and why of what's going to happen in my life. But life doesn't work that way. God doesn't work that way.

Oh, He knows all the what, when, how, and why of everything. But He hasn't given that knowledge to me. He hasn't given that knowledge to any of us.

So many times, my plans have gotten derailed. Like the time I wrote this poem. So many times I've wanted things to go a particular way, and they never do. So many times I've been in tears crying to God, wanting to know why things aren't going the way I thought they were going to go, the way I thought they were supposed to go.

I don't have the master plan. All I have is what God wants me to do right now. Not why He wants me to do it. Not where it's going to lead. Not where He's going to have me five, ten, twenty years down the road.

I don't know. But He does. And He's going to work everything out according to His plan. He's doing things for my future right now that I know nothing about. He's in control.

And all I have to do is take things one step at a time, following Him, trusting Him that He knows what He's doing, because He does. It may not make any sense to me right now, but that's okay. Because it makes sense to God. He's a good God. He's not going to give me a stone when I ask for bread, a snake when I ask for a fish, a scorpion when I ask for an egg. He's guiding me along His perfect plan that is to His glory one step at a time. And I just have to follow and trust in Him.

"From where I'm standing
Lord it's so hard for me to see
Where this is going
And where You're leading me
I wish I knew how
All my fears and all my questions
Are gonna play out
In a world I can't control...
 
"From where You're standing
Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined
When You breathed me into life
And all the chaos
Comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece
Of Your picture perfect plan"
—"Already There" by Casting Crowns
 

1 comment:

  1. I so relate to this!!! God gives us only one piece of the puzzle and expects us to trust him when he says the overall picture is going to be great. That is really hard when the piece we have is one that we didn't want. But so many times, I have looked back and seen how God created a beautiful portion of the puzzle with that one piece. It just took a lot of trust to get there.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!