Friday, June 14, 2013

G: General Andrew Walker

To be honest, I don’t like General Andrew Walker. I would never want to meet him, and I’m certainly glad I’m not his wife or son. That being said, I’m glad he’s part of the story. He is the father of Felix Walker, King Jorrid’s right hand man, and a necessary antagonist.

Andrew Walker is a rather shallow man, caring only for things of this world, such as power and money. He is cruel, being the sort of man who enjoys locking people in the dungeon, and regularly rages at his son Felix. He married Felix’s mother only because she had a large dowry, and even so, resented his wife’s kind, Christian nature. I’m sure you can see by now why I don’t like him.

In the original draft, Andrew, like the king, wasn’t present until almost the end. When I wrote about Felix’s life, I was able to give more depth to his character. I’m not really sure why Andrew is the way he is, but I do know that Felix overcame insurmountable odds in becoming the good, Christian young man that he is. Despite my dislike of the character, General Andrew Walker adds something necessary to Across the Stars...it wouldn’t be complete without him.

Across the Stars is available on Amazon Kindle for $1.99 and should be available as a paperback for $9.99 sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!