Monday, June 17, 2013

H: Hanna Straite

Hanna Straite is a character who was entirely unforeseen at the start of Across the Stars. When I wrote the part about Anthony Williamson, I opened up the possibility that King Jorrid murdered his father. I didn’t really give it much thought…until after I finished writing Felix’s part. Then I remembered the hint about King Jorrid, and Hanna’s story was born.

Hanna Straite is an orphan who works as a maid for King Horrid, Jorrid’s father. She is rather rash and reckless, and she really doesn’t care if she dies trying to save the king. Her friend Sam Hawling, however, would do anything to save Hanna’s life. Hanna has a very distinct personality, but it wasn’t until a few months ago that I realized what made her the way she is. Suffice it to say that she has had a very difficult life. This is not brought to light in Across the Stars (since I didn’t know about Hanna’s past until after I finished writing it), but if I write a sequel about her, which I hope someday to do, it will be explained.

Hanna is far from perfect, but she is very entertaining and I love her dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I love getting comments. Please keep them clean and relevant to the post. Thank you!